Oh, that topic sounds like dipping them in chemicals or something. [img]eek.gif[/img] I didn't do that but I did do something almost as drastic. I wanted a doll to hold something and the only way was to cut apart her third and fourth fingers. So I did it! [img]eek.gif[/img]

I got a sharp Xacto knife and carefully sliced between the two fingers. On the palm side, my blade was tilted a little too far to one side so it cut a hair off the other finger. But I'll be trimming that place anyway to make the fingers look more "rounded" and not "square" edged.

The fingers are solid, not hollow. They don't seem like they'll break off but I'm NOT going to find out how much bending they can take.

Once cut, the fingers splayed the tiniest bit at the fingertips so they don't look "glued together" anymore. Now my doll can wear rings, so long as the ring material is very thin, like as thin as paper or thin wire. I didn't remove any material between the fingers at the base because that might weaken them.

If you wanted to, you could easily drill a tiny hole at the base of the two fingers. To wear a ring, you would have to insert a wire into the hole and then create the ring around the finger. But that would be a really safe way to do it and the hole would barely show. I might to that with the doll's other hand.

If any of you try this, I am NOT responsible for mishaps!!! If you don't like the results on your own doll, you can always pay for limb replacement. But I'm happy to have one doll that can wear rings or hold things by slipping them between the two fingers. I'm going to make a special holder that looks like a ring on the back of her hand but on the palm side is useful for holding things. My AGT16 Laura is becoming more real every day. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Julia